Welcome to Mills Elementary School!
We are glad that you are here.
Students can still register for the current year, 2023-24. For the 2024-25 school year, Austin ISD's new enrollment system makes registration easier with a more accessible, equitable, and transparent process. Students can enroll early to gain a seat in special programs with more program options. Enroll now to "Find Your Seat" the 2024-25 school year! For assistance, call 414-SEAT( (7328).
Kindergarten & New Students
Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1 of the school year. There are resources available to guide you through a New Student Registration.
All students new to Austin ISD must provide a birth certificate, current record of immunizations, child's last report card, proof of address (rental contract or utility bill with valid address), parent photo identification or driver's license, and the child's Social Security Card (optional). These can be uploaded via the online enrollment process.
Parents that do not wish to utilize the online system for new to AISD students can complete paper enrollment forms and will need to contact the appropriate campus to receive a copy of the forms required.
Mills offers tuition-based full day Pre-K for four year olds from 7:40AM to 3:00PM. The current monthly cost of a full day is $550. The Mills Pre-K4 program is:
- Taught by certified teachers specialized in working with young children,
- Child-centered, hands-on learning experiences, and
- Develops children physically, socially, intellectually, and emotionally.
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
Mill Elementary also offers Early Childhood Special Education for young children with disabilities, ages three to five. It is a great way to help your child learn and prepare for school, giving your child a range of services to support their unique educational needs.
There are two common paths for a child to get into ECSE:
- If your child is not involved with the Early Childhood Intervention Program, you can ask your child’s school district to do an evaluation. Your child must be approved to be a part of ECSE.
- If your child gets ECI services, ECI transition planning should connect your family with our team at Mills.
For more information, please visit Mills’ SpEd page or access information through SPEDTEX, a Special Education information and resource center for families and educators.