Joe Dan Mills, Jr. Elementary

Enrollment Information

Dear AISD Parents,


To enroll for the current school year:

          - Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1 of the school year.

          - All students new to Austin ISD must provide a birth certificate, current record of immunizations, child's last report card, proof of address (rental contract or utility bill with valid address), parent photo identification or driver's license, and the child's Social Security Card (optional).


To enroll ONLINE for the current school year:

Parents can register students for the current school year using an online tool available from the AISD Cloud found at

This new process will help save parents/guardians valuable time by eliminating the need to fill out the many paper forms and allows the parent/guardian to better manage the information the district has on file for their student.


          A Parent Cloud account is required to access this new registration tool. Go to to sign up for one.


          Resources are available to guide you through a New Student Registration or a Returning Student Registration here.



If you are unsure which school your child will attend, call the Office of Student Services 414-1726 or view school assignments online.

Information regarding the enrollment of students in foster care or  under the guardianship of DFPS can be found at


Parents that do not wish to utilize the online system for new to AISD students can complete paper enrollment forms and will need to contact the appropriate campus to receive a copy of the forms required.


 Find out about Pre-K Registration HERE.



Kindergarten & New Student Registration




If you do not know which school your child will attend, please call 512-414-1726,

or enter your address here.






Enroll your student online at -



Items to bring for registration:

Immunization Record
Social Security Card (for your child)
Birth Certificate (State Issued)
Photo Copy of Parent ID
Proof of Residence (rental contract or utility bill with valid address)



If you register your child after school begins, you will need to bring the same documents and any paperwork from your previous school.